How We Help
We become your virtual finance department
Managing a large farm requires a tremendous amount of effort and focus. Sitting in a back room doing menial data entry is not the best use of your time. We give you freedom to keep your head up and run your business.
- Professionalize your farm business Management. In today’s competitive and volatile farm economy, being a farm business manager is requirement for all successful farms. We will assist in making confident, profit-focused decisions.
- Provide comprehensive Insurance analysis to best manage the farm’s production risk.
- Trained to identify, measure, analyze and interpret financial information in order to help you most effectively manage your business.
- Prepare and distribute Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-Annual, or Annual financial reports appropriate for management and responsibility centre managers.
- Assist in negotiation of Borrowers Terms, conditions, Pricing and Security which is optimized given specific borrowers key financial metrics.
- Oversee preparation of cash flow budget/projections for key enterprises using input from management and report periodically on cash flow performance.
- Offer comprehensive due diligence advice and hands-on support in evaluating opportunities across the risk/return spectrum while analyzing the impact to the balance sheet and cash flow with Capex additions.
- Assist agricultural enterprises to obtain capital and maximize economies of scale through consolidation.
- Provide annual comprehensive analytical reports for your financial service providers outlining all key risks with appropriate mitigation/strategies. This report will bring tremendous credibility in your negotiations with your financial institution.
- Provide benchmarking information to identify gaps in your organization’s processes in order to achieve a competitive advantage.
We are financial professionals with a deep passion for agriculture, working specifically with Western Canadian farmers. We value our clients and are extremely proud of the contributions that they make to the world. Our purpose is to help you succeed.
Our expertise is focused on insurance and finance specifically for this sector. We know how to build great relationships that we can leverage to ensure that you have enough financial fuel to execute your vision.
Brian Mack, Co-Founder
Brian is an experienced and accomplished financial and insurance professional with over fifteen years of experience in agribusiness.
He is a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) and has a Masters degree in Public Administration.
Prior to Growlytics, Brian was the founder of a boutique financial consulting practice that worked with high performance agribusinesses.
Brian has also played a significant role in the start up of three private crop insurance companies. Brian tailored financial risk management solutions for farm managers and also educated partners on alternative structures such as captives and other reinsurance instruments.
Prior to Brian’s involvement in private crop insurance offerings, he was the Chief Financial Officer for one of the first vertically and horizontally integrated agribusinesses in Saskatchewan.
Brian is originally from small town Saskatchewan and is grateful for his rural roots.
Gerry Bourgeois, Co-Founder
Gerry has been part of the agriculture industry since a very young age. After growing up on the family farm, Gerry attended the University of Saskatchewan where he earned his BA in Economics in 1995. After graduation he spent over 23 years with Scotiabank where he developed customized solutions to manage key risk to each agricultural business.
Besides being a professional agricultural banker for over 23 years, Gerry farmed with his brother where they eventually expanded into aerial application and grain handling. He continues to have a long term commitment to agriculture throughout the province, developing solutions to mitigate financial, market, and production risk while ensuring timely & affective access to capital.
Claudette Tubman, Senior Accountant
Claudette brings in excess of twenty years experience of financial accounting from a number of industries including manufacturing, oil and gas exploration and agriculture. Her skills include auditing, working capital management, forecasting/budgeting, and operational and financial reporting.
Prior to joining the Growlytics team, Claudette spent 8 years as Controller in a private exploratory oil & gas company based in Regina, Saskatchewan.
In her spare time, Claudette enjoys traveling, hitting the gym, reading, and planning her next adventure!